Vero Liability offers Public and Products liability insurance to businesses and organisations to protect them against claims that their products or services have cause unintended injury or property damage. This insurance covers the cost of claims for compensation as well as the cost of defending claims.
Public and Products liability insurance responds to claims that a business or organisation is legally liable to pay compensation in respect of unintended and unexpected personal injury and property damage arising out of products or services.
This insurance can cover both the cost of claims for compensation that the business or organisation is legally liable to pay, and also the costs of defending the claim, including the costs incurred in any investigations or negotiations.
Specific areas of cover include:
- Liability arising out advertising products or services, such as copyright infringement or defamation
- Defective workmanship for business involved in trade occupation
- Liability under the Forests and Rural Fires legislation
- proportion of costs relating to product recall
- Damage to property within the custody of the business, including employee property
- Damage to leased premises
- or exemplary damages awarded by a court for personal injury
- Personal injury or property damage arising out of advice, services or training given free of charge
Vero Liability’s Public and Products liability insurance can also cover some of the risks posed by product exports to foreign jurisdictions including the United States and Canada.
Who Needs It?
Any business or organisation.
Requesting a Quote
Vero Liability products are available through insurance brokers and advisers. An insurance broker provides independent, professional and specialist advice to help make sure you have the right protection. If you don’t already have one, you can find a broker on the Insurance Brokers Association of New Zealand (IBANZ) website by clicking on the button below.