Vero Liability offers Public and Products liability insurance to businesses and organisations to protect them against claims that their products or services have cause unintended personal injury or property damage. This insurance covers the cost of claims for compensation as well as the cost of defending claims.
Public and Products liability insurance responds to claims that a business or organisation is legally liable to pay compensation in respect of unintended and unexpected personal injury and property damage arising out of its products or services.
This insurance can cover both the cost of claims for compensation that the business or organisation is legally liable to pay, and also the costs of defending the claim, including the costs incurred in any investigations or negotiations.
Specific areas of cover include:
- Liability arising out of advertising products or services, such as copyright infringement or defamation
- Defective workmanship for businesses involved in certain trades
- Proportion of costs relating to product recall
- Damage to property in the custody of the business, including employee property
- Damage to leased premises
- Punitive or exemplary damages awarded by a court for personal injury
- Personal injury or property damage arising out of an error or omission in advice, services or product training given free of charge
Vero Liability’s Public and Products liability insurance can also cover some of the risks posed by product exports to foreign jurisdictions, including the United States and Canada.
Who should consider this product?
Any business or organisation.
Requesting a Quote
Our website provides general information about our products and services and is not intended to be financial advice. Vero Liability products are available through insurance brokers and advisers. An insurance broker provides independent, professional and specialist advice to help make sure you have the right protection. If you don’t already have one, you can find a broker on the Insurance Brokers Association of New Zealand (IBANZ) website by clicking on the button below.