It's an old fashioned attitude but through experience we know that the sooner we can deal with a problem, the better the outcome will be.
That is why on all of our policies we require that claims or circumstances that may give rise to a claim are notified to us as soon as possible.
Claims can range from simple to complex cases, however our approach is always to:
- Get the facts and work with policyholders and their brokers to find a strategy for resolution;
- Try to preserve your reputation;
- Engage quality experts to help establish facts to either defend, settle or quantify claims;
- Employ experienced lawyers to defend claims that need defending; and
Policyholders should immediately report to our office (either directly or through your broker) the existence of any of the following:
- Claims - this includes any legal proceedings and/or allegations of wrongdoing or demands for compensation.
Policyholders should provide:
- A fully completed and signed Claim Notification Form either initially or soon after the initial notification
- Notification should be given irrespective of the perceived merit of any actual or potential claim or the amount at issue.
- Under no circumstances should liability be admitted or any offer of settlement made without our prior written consent.
- Any costs (legal and other) should not be incurred without first obtaining our prior written consent.