Vero Liability offers LegalEdge insurance to small to medium-sized New Zealand businesses. This insurance provides protection against multiple liability risks, including Public and Products Liability, Employers Liability, Statutory Liability, Employee Dishonesty, Directors and Officers Liability, Internet Liability, Defence Costs, LawSafe at Work and Employment Disputes (optional) in a cost effective package.
LegalEdge covers a range of exposures faced by small to medium-sized businesses:
- Claims made for compensation in respect of unexpected or unintended personal injury or property arising from business activities.
- Claims for damages made by employees in respect of personal injury sustained in the course of employment and not covered by ACC.
- The costs of defending prosecutions brought by regulatory authorities under various Acts of Parliament which may result in criminal conviction, together with cover for any accompanying financial penalties and/or awards. This cover does not apply to dishonesty.
- Claims arising from the fraudulent or dishonest acts of employees causing loss to the company.
- Claims made against directors for wrongful acts committed whilst carrying out their duties associated with the governance of the company.
- Legal costs for employee’s personal liability which arise whilst performing their work duties.
- Claims made for errors or omissions committed or omitted while using the internet.
- “Ring fenced” defence costs cover where the cover under other sections of the policy becomes subject to a charge under Section 9 of the Law Reform Act 1936.
- Claims made by employees alleging breaches of employment agreements, Privacy Act or Human Rights Act (optional).
Who Needs It?
Any small to medium-sized business.
Obtaining A Quote
Vero Liability products are available through insurance brokers and advisers. An insurance broker provides independent, professional and specialist advice to help make sure you have the right protection. If you don’t already have one, you can find a broker on the Insurance Brokers Association of New Zealand (IBANZ) website by clicking on the button below.